EMERGENCY CALL 911   |   NON-EMERGENCY CALLS  (386) 313-4911   |   FRONT DESK  (386) 437-4116

Victim Services

     Kathryn Vazquez
     Phone: 386-586-4846     

     Mary DiNardi
     Phone: 386-586-4847

     Jennifer Harris
     Phone: 386-586-4848

Pictured left to right - Teresa, Linda & Kathryn

Click here to take survey

Our Victim Services Unit is available to any citizen of Flagler County and provides emotional support to the victims/witnesses and their families.

Victims of crimes and victims of tragedies need comfort during times of emotional stress.

Our victim advocates work as a support system to victims, survivors, and their families following traumatic events.

These professionals are dedicated to providing the members of our community emotional support and guidance during times of distress.

If you or someone you know is in need of assistance following a crime, do not hesitate to contact us. The men and women of this agency are here to help you.

Victim Services Available

  • Crisis Intervention
  • Coordination with the Criminal Justice System
  • Personal Advocacy
  • Court Accompaniment
  • Assistance in filing a protective injunction
  • Community Information and Referrals
  • 911 phones
  • Wanderers Assistance
  • Emotional support
  • Assistance with crime victim compensation

Important Numbers

  • F.C.S.O. Victim Advocated - (386) 586-4846, 4847 and 4848 -
  • Family Life Center Crisis Hotline - (386) 437-3505
  • Community Legal Hotline - (800) 405-1417
  • Vine Program - (800) 846-3435
  • Department of Children and Families - (800) 962-2873
    To report Child Abuse or Elder Explotation:
  • Bunnell Police Department - (386) 437-7508
  • In some cases, victims (or their relatives where the victim is deceased) may be eligible for financial compensation from the State of Florida. Information regarding eligibility may be obtained from the law enforcement agency of from the Bureau of Crimes Compensation, Office of the Attorney General 1-800-226-6667, or the State Attorney's Office.
  • The right to receive information on available crisis intervention services and local community services to include counseling, shelter, legal assistance, or other types of help, depending on the particular circumstances
  • The right to receive information regarding the role of the victim in the criminal or juvenile process, including what the victim may expect from the system as well as what the system may expect from the victim.
  • The right to be informed, present, and heard when relevant, at all crucial stages of a criminal or juvenile proceeding, to the extent the right does not interfere with the constitutional rights of the accused.
  • The right to request and receive restitution


What Type of Injunctions are there?

Generally, Florida law states that a court can enter an injunction to protect the victim of violence under any of the following types of violent relationships:

  • Domestic Violence: Requires that the parties have lived together "as if a family" or have a child together. Petitioner must be a victim of domestic violence, or have reasonable cause to believe that violence is imminent.
  • Repeat Violence: Requires that the respondent have committed two incidents of synthroid petitioner's immediate family member, one of the incidents must have been within the past six months.
  • Dating Violence: Requires that the parties have had a continuing dating relationship within the past six months that involved the expectation of affection or sexual involvement. Petitioner must be a victim of violence or have reasonable cause to believe violence is imminent.
  • Sexual Violence: The Petitioner must be a victim of sexual violence, have reported that crime and be cooperating with law enforcement agencies; or the respondent who committed the sexual violence was sentences and the term of imprisonment is expired or is due to expire within 90 days.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the fee for filing an injunction?

There is no filing fee.

Do I need an attorney

You have the right to hire an attorney to represent you, but it is not required.

Can I file an injunction for protection if I did not report the violence to the Sheriff's Office?

Yes, however, acts of violence should be reported to the Sheriff's Office.

Can I file an injunction for protection on behalf of my child who is under eighteen years old?

Yes, Persons under 18 years old cannot file an injunction for protection without a parent or guardian present.

Can I request to have the final judgment modified, extended or dropped?

Yes, the Clerk's office has forms you may fill out. The motion to vacate, modify or extend will be forwarded to the Judge for a decision.

What happens if I Fail to appear in court?

The Judge has several options, which he or she may take, including the dismissal of the case.

How does the person I file against get notified of the hearing?

After the hearing has been set, The Clerk's office sends a copy to the Sheriff's Office for service on the respondent.

How long does an Injunction Last?

While an Injunction may be continued for an indefinite period of time (after a hearing), either the petitioner or respondent may complete a Motion for Modification and it will be forwarded to the assigned judge for consideration.

What happens if the respondent violates the injunction?

If the Respondent violates any conditions of the Temporary or Permanent Injunction, you should first consider requesting the immediate assistance of local law enforcement. If the Respondent is not arrested, you may return to the Clerk's Office for assistance in the preparation of an Affidavit of Violation of Injunction.

This will be reviewed by the State Attorney's Office for further action.

About Us

The Flagler County Sheriff's Office has the solemn duty of serving and protecting the citizens of our great county.

Address: 901 East Moody Blvd, Bunnell, FL 32110
Phone: (386) 437-4116 
Fax: (386) 586-4820

Upcoming Events

  • Citizen Advisory Board


Agency Videos:

  • Long Version
  • Short Version
  • Recruitment Video